Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Land of Gold, Milk and Honey

This past winter holiday season, I embarked on my first trip to Israel through the Jewish Learning Exchange Program. The experience is ever reminiscent in my mind, the memories flow from corner to corner-this one's going to be an unforgettable one!

Every step I took in 'the land' felt like recreating history... I heard once more the stories about the exile, the battle between David and Goliath, the creation and destruction of the temples, and many more. Yet, this time the stories were filled with evidence, with sites to see, rocks to touch, remnants to put together.

The array of feelings felt throughout the 3 weeks is inexplicable through a blog- the energy that flowed, the excitement that drove- all things I'd never felt before.

With cousin Paul Levi and his son Asaf

At the City of David

Wall of Lament

Tito Isaac Benarroch, Tita Luna y Tito Alberto Benzadon


No comments:

Post a Comment