Sunday, January 31, 2010

A weekend with the Guillens: White Sox Fest 2010

Last weekend, my brother Arie and I, were invited to spend the weekend with the Guillens at the Palmer House Hotel in Chicago, where the Sox Fest 2010 took place. When it comes to having a good time, I must admit it, it happens with the Guillens.


Arie Akinin and Ozzie Guillen

Arie had joined them a day earlier, so when I got to the hotel on Friday I asked him to meet me in the lobby and show me around a bit. Everywhere we went, people would say "there goes Ozzie's body guard, Arie"! I couldn't believe my ears, eyes... In less than a day he was almost as famous as Ozzie.

Arie with Jerry Reinsdorf, owner of the White Sox and Bulls

Anyways, I greeted Ozzie and Ibis, his wife, and later on their kids, Ozzie Jr, Oney and Ozney. What an amazing family I must say- the love in the air, the spice in their speech, the comedy in their dialogue, the kindness in their home, all come out to light seconds after you meet them.



With the Guillen Family at Brazzaz

To sum the weekend in a blog post would be a very difficult post. From renting out night clubs and partying all night with Ozzie Guillen and Freddy Garcia, dining at the finest places, munching with the top players at the PH of the Palmer House... to a warm good-bye, this is definitely a weekend my brother Arie and I will not forget...

Minnie Minoso (First African American Player in 1951 in Chicago) and David Akinin

By the way, you should all be on the lookout for the acclaimed www.ozzietalks.com !


Ozzie Jr. Guillen, Arie Akinin, Oney Guillen
David Akinin, Freddy Garcia, Gledys Garcia

____, Freddy Garcia, Arie Akinin, Pitching Coach, Ozzie Guillen

No comments:

Post a Comment